Secure Remote Access to Land Records System
Welcome to the Virginia records indexing search system for information stored in the Circuit Court Clerk's Office. This system provides access to public records available in the various Circuit Court Clerk's Offices around the state of Virginia. The records are current as of the date listed; more current records may be viewed by visiting the appropriate Court Clerk's Office.
System AccessTo search a locality, please contact your local Circuit Court Clerk's Office to obtain an Account Name and Password. This will require an agreement and payment before the person is granted the ability to search records.
Viewing imagesIn order to view document images, your browser must be equipped with a "helper" application designed for this purpose.
Click on the links below for free downloads of Alternatiff (IE) or Adobe Acrobat Reader (Chrome/Edge/Firefox).
|Chrome & Edge|
|Best Results: Adobe Acrobat Reader|
To set Adobe Acrobat Reader as the default viewer for both Chrome & Edge:
1. Click on the link above to install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. Locate a .pdf file on your file system (probably one in the Downloads folder)
3. Right click on the .pdf file and choose Properties
4. Under the General tab next to "Opens With:", click on "Change..."
5. Select Adobe Acrobat Reader and click OK.
|Best Results: Default Firefox PDF viewer|
To set the default PDF viewer for Firefox:
1. Click on the Open menu in the upper right corner and choose "Options".
2. Click on "Applications" in the left hand menu.
3. Next to Portable Document Format (PDF), select "Preview in Firefox".
4. Close the Options tab/page and the changes will automatically be saved.