If you are not seeing an actual image of the document you requested, more than likely there is a problem with your viewer.
While OES does not provide support for installing viewers, we will suggest, however, based on our experience with Alternatiff, the following observations:
- Viewer not installed. In order to view ANY tiff images, you MUST install a "helper" for Internet Explorer or Netscape Communicator. We test with Alternatiff from Medical Informatics Engineering. Get AlternaTIFF here.
- Alternatiff not installed as default viewer.
When installing AlternaTIFF, you should check the option "Modify my windows registry in an attempt to give IE a better chance of deciding to use this plug-in."
if you did not, try installing AlternaTIFF again using this option.
- Browser not closed, then re-opened.
Shut down your browser, then reload the page.
- Browser needs security update - See Alternatiff home page for details.
NOTE: Plug-ins do not work at all in some
copies of Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 with
Service Pack 1. You will just see a white rectangle with an "image"
icon in the corner. Installing Security
Update Q279328 appears to fix the problem.
- If You you still have problems.
See AlternaTIFF documentation.
If you have already installed AlternaTIFF and would like to test it,
Try viewing a TEST image.
If you can view the test images successfully, then the problem is with the OES website.
To find out more about why TIFF viewers are needed: